– Being calm and knowing God is with you even when everything is falling apart –
Sometimes we have great plans of what we want to do or what we want to make. And sometimes everything seems to fall apart. Nothing seems to work the way we want it to and it looks like we are not going to get what we wanted from the beginning. As children of God, we have a special gift – we know that God is with us and everything is going to be OK in the end. We don’t always get what we want but God will always provide what we need.
Next time everything seems out of control try these simple steps:
- Take a deep breath
- Pray a short prayer – “God, I know you are with me and will help me through this.”
- Calmly ask for help
“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” – 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)
Leadership Attribute Board
Alternate Descriptions To Use:
- Staying calm when things fall apart
- Being OK when things don’t go your way
- Acting as if God is in control even when I am not
- “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- “And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever. My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.” Isaiah 32:17-18
- “…the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.” Romans 8:6
- “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things…and the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:8-9
- Check out more verses
- What are some ways that you normally get flustered or frustrated?
- Talk about Jesus Calming the Storm. What can we learn from this for our lives?
- Have you ever seen someone calm when everything was “chaos”?
- Check out some stories