– Getting back up as many times as it takes to do what it right –
Resilience is the ability to “bounce back” from failures, stress, adversity, or obstacles. Doing what is right, developing your gifts, caring for others, and following your dreams are all difficult to accomplish. These are all big goals that will require the ability to face challenges and difficulties while still staying on the path ahead.
Resiliency is an attitude that never gives up. No matter how many times you fail or how badly you feel things went, a resilient person doesn’t stop until the goal has been accomplished. We shouldn’t keep on doing what is bad or wrong but when there is something good that we should keep on doing, we need to keep asking God to give us the strength to do what is right without giving up!
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
Descriptions you can use:
- Getting back up whenever you fail
- An attitude that never gives up
- Keep going forward even when things are tough
- 2 Thessalonians 1:4-5 “Therefore we ourselves boast about you in the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith in all your persecutions and in the afflictions that you are enduring. This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering.”
- Hebrews 12:1-2 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
- Romans 5:3-4 “We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.”
- James 1:2-4 “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
- James 1:12 “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast (or perseveres) under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.”
- John the Baptist